Saturday, February 9, 2013

diy valentine's day snow globes

Snow globes are such a huge hit around here at Christmas time-so fun, so magical. I came across these Valentine's day snow globes and thought they would be perfect for Liv's pre-school friends. I pretty much followed the directions but changed the colours to pink and gold. Liv added the glitter (a lot) and we  I had fun making these. Here are my photos of the project and all I need now is to add a sweet little tag with some twine. xo 


Supplies: 
-pipe cleaners
-2" styrofoam balls
-baby food jars and lids 
-hot glue gun
-glitter 
-glycerine 
-spray paint (for the lids) 
-twine to decorate at the end 
Supplies-see above note 



1. Cut the top of the styrofoam ball-I used my bread knife 


2. Twist the pipe cleaner into a heart shape 


3. Place the pipe cleaner heart into the cut styrofoam and trim off the end piece 


Here is what it looks like 

4. Take your spray painted lids-allow time to dry before hot gluing (I did overnight)

5. Hot glue the styrofoam base into the inside of the lid. Make sure its not to big and can fit into the jar 



6. Add water to jar with 1tsp of glycerin and around 1tsp of glitter. 

7. Finally place heart piece inside once dry, screw lid on, turn and shake.


You can then add a sweet tag and deliver with love. My diy steps are very brief please follow Dandee for her great post. Anyone else have a fun valentine's day project? 

We are on instagram now-Follow @cindyconfettisparkle 



No comments: